In conjunction with International Chef’s Day, World Chefs Without Borders and the Penang Chefs Association prepared 600 nutritious meals with U.S. potatoes for the medical front liners at Penang and Seberang Jaya General Hospitals. This initiative was in collaboration with the Mutiara Food Bank.
As Malaysia prepares to move into the endemic stage, we need to appreciate all the efforts and sacrifices made by the front liners. The meals were just a simple token of Potatoes USA and U.S Embassy’s appreciation of the incredible work that they have done.
Specifically, chefs prepared total of 800 packs of food to front liners at the following locations:
Fish And Chips – 200pax
- 100pax – Special Care Island Glades Penang
- 100pax – Pertubuhan Pemulihan Dalam Komuniti (PDK) Kanak Kanak Autism
Chicken Chops – 600pax
- 200pax – Hospital Balik Pulau (PIC: Dr Hardiana Hamzah)
- 100pax – Frontliner Plaza Balik Pulau (PIC: Dr Tan)
- 300pax – Hospital Bukit Mertajam (PIC: Marton Saw)
U.S potatoes are one of the most nutritious vegetables available. Potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C as one medium size U.S. Potatoes (148gm) contains 27 milligrams of Vitamin C per serving, which is about 30% of daily value. As we all know, Vitamin C may help support the body’s immune system.
Other benefits of potatoes include:
- S Potatoes have zero fat, zero sodium and zero cholesterol, so it’s a healthier choice for meals preparation.
- Potatoes are more energy-packed than any other popular vegetables as a medium sized potato contains 26 grams of carbohydrates. It helps to fuel the body and brain throughout the day.
- S. Potatoes are rich in Vitamin B6 with one medium potato providing 10% of the recommended daily value. Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin that plays important roles in carbohydrate and protein metabolism
- One medium size skin on a potato contains 620 milligrams of potassium or 15% DV more than a medium-size banana. Potassium helps regulate fluids and mineral balance in and out of cells, maintains normal blood pressure, vital for transmitting nerve impulses or signals, and in helping muscles contract.
Nutrition link: https://uspotatogoodness.com.my/